Book a COVID-19 test appointment in Whitehorse
Book a basic COVID-19 test appointment
For a basic test, plan for 10 minutes per person.
To book for more than 1 person at the same appointment, phone the COVID Testing and Assessment Centre at 867-393-3083.
- Please bring proof of your need for medical travel such as a letter, requisition, or other documentation to your appointment.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Do not arrive early or late.
- Bring your health-care card.
At your appointment time and when the entrance area is empty you should:
- come into the entrance area;
- remove your mask and put it in your pocket or in a waste basket;
- sanitize your hands;
- put on the medical mask we have for you; and
- sanitize your hands again.
Please help anyone in your group do the same. Instructions will be posted on the wall. Once you’re ready, we’ll unlock the door and bring you in for your appointment.
Instructions for the mouth rinse and gargle testing option
Only children between 5 and 18 years old may take a mouth rinse and gargle test rather than having a nasal swab.
Before booking this type of test for a child, you must read and complete the COVID-19 mouth rinse and gargle test instructions.
These instructions include requirements that must be met before a child may be given a mouth rinse and gargle test. This includes:
- practising at home beforehand;
- waiting at least 2 hours between practising and taking the test; and
- stopping the listed prohibited activities at least 1 hour before the test.
We value both our clients and our employees. We're committed to providing a safe environment for all. Inappropriate and aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.